The Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class program serves as a bridge between the two key pillars of CARAS/The JUNO Awards; music education through MusiCounts and the celebration and promotion of excellence through The JUNO Awards. This program fills the gap between them by providing the crucial tools to help new and emerging artists become “JUNO-ready”.
The Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class is a transformational and unique experience:
- CARAS Academy Delegate endorsement as a requirement for entrants
- Your music is judged by JUNO Award-winning artists and producers
- Industry leaders and artists take part as mentors
- Leading companies partnering
- A robust media and digital content plan
- A group of three Master Class winners are selected for the mentorship program in Toronto (October 24 - 28, 2016)
- A JUNO stage for the finalists to shine
After the success of the 2016 Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class, submissions for 2017 will open on June 1, 2016 and close on June 30, 2016. The top 10 finalists will be announced at the beginning of August and the three winners will be revealed in September 2016.
Winners will attend the 2017 JUNO Awards in Ottawa, Ontario where they will take the stage as the ‘Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class of 2017'.
This program is the foundation for emerging artists who aspire to being JUNO nominees and winners in the years to come.